Getting Started Guide
An overview to the resources available to implementing Problem-based Case Learning in a curriculum.
Provide an overview to the resources available to implementing Problem-based Case Learning into a curriculum
The makingLearningReal.org web site is a rich-media resource for beginning the journey towards incorporating PBCL (Problem-based Case Learning) into a curriculum. The web site provides the following:
- An overview of what PBCL is
- Video interviews with administrators, researchers, faculty, students, and business partners illustrating the effectiveness of PBCL
- A contact form to initiate engagement with the PBCL community
- Links to PBCL community social networks
- Downloadable resources to aid in the design of successful implementation of PBCL
Where to Start
If you are an independent learner, the following steps are the fastest method to learn and start implementing PBCL in your classroom
- Complete the Orientation tutorial available on this site. It will show you how to use this web site to understand the basics of PBCL as quickly as possible.
- After completing the Orientation tutorial, continue on to the Design and Implementation tutorial. Armed with an overview knowledge of PBCL, this tutorial will walk you through the completion of the PBCL Design Tool; a template designed to guide you through implementing PBCL principles in the design of your specific course.
- Contact our staff to be matched with a coach. Coaches are available to help guide you through the process of implementing PBCL principles in your course. You can use the contact form and specify that you want to be matched with a coach. A coach will get back to you.
- Join the existing conversations on our social networking sites, or start a conversation of your own. There are links to those resources to the right, and on the home page at http://www.makinglearningreal.org.